Monday, February 18, 2013

The Old Sugar Land Club House: More From The Dierks Family ...

I've borrowed more photos from the Dierks family scrapbook.? Thank you, Margaret Phillips.??

When I first saw the following picture, I noticed a couple of things that led me to think it showed construction of a home on Imperial Blvd.??

After a closer look, I think it shows the construction of a Dierks home on the south side of Highway-90A near the present location of the Windstream and old Frost Bank buildings.? I've learned there were two Dierks family homes in that area; I can't be sure which one this is, but if I'm correct, that's Highway-90A behind the barbed wire fence.? The Salvage Buildings are in the background.? It's hard to see, but there's a billboard promoting Imperial Sugar in front of the buildings.

Here are three pictures of the dredging operations south of Highway-90A.? I don't have an exact date, but it's sometime in the early 1920s.? Although it's not a good picture, you can see in the last one (which was probably taken in or around Alkire Lake), they had to dredge some very marshy areas with primitive equipment.



?

Source: http://wateringholdclubhouse.blogspot.com/2013/02/more-from-dierks-family-scrapbook.html

josh hamilton Susan Rice American Airlines the Who jon bon jovi jon bon jovi Kliff Kingsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment